You will write a paper of 500-700 words in length, responding to one of the following two questions:
1. What is the function of meta-fiction in The Murder of Roger Ackroyd?
2. Is Dr. Sheppard an unreliable narrator? If so, does he fit into one of William Riggans four categories of unreliable narrators (Liar, Madman, Naif, Picaro)? Or, must you invent (and define!) a fifth category of unreliable narrator in order to explain how his narrative functions?
You should have:
1. An Introduction
2. No fewer than three body paragraphs
3. A concluding paragraph
4. Your paper should be typed, double-spaced, 12-point font.
My evaluation will be based primarily on 3 criteria:
1. Are the sentences expressive of meaning?
2. Do paragraphs follow the structure I discuss in the Writing Lab Lecture?
3. Does the paper make and develop analytical claims?