Early Childhood Curriculum Model Evaluation
Each student will select a curriculum model to research and prepare a presentation (PPT/Prezi) of the model/program that incorporates theoretically sound learning principles. The curriculum models are listed at the end of the instructions.
The visual presentation should provide a comprehensive review including the theoretical philosophies, curriculum implementation, criticisms, assessment of curriculum effectiveness, and historical and contemporary supporters of the curriculum. These topics should be clearly labeled within your PPT/Prezi.
Additionally, students are expected to include the following in their presentations:
1) Using a Venn diagram or chart, compare and contrast your selected curriculum with another curriculum model listed below and/or from your textbook
2) Create a web/graphic organizer of various components of the model
3) Explain the learning theory that best supports the model.
4) Discuss how the curriculum model addresses state and national early learning standards
Be sure to include your thoughts on the merits of the model in terms of meeting the needs of children and families. The information must go beyond what is covered in the book.
Your investigation and presentation of the model should include/but be not limited to the following key ideas:
1) What the model looks like in the classroom.
2) The theoretical basis for the model/program.
3) The historical evolution of the program/model.
4) What others have said about the model: formal evaluations including critiques of its effectiveness and theoretical soundness.
5) Implications for the model across age levels in early childhood education (EC-4th grade)
6) An evaluation of this model in terms of its theoretical connections (or lack of connections) to state and national standards. Please consult Websites, Textbooks, Articles, and other resources for information on your program or model. Provide a reference list at the end of your presentation.
Include between 15-25 slides.
Key ideas should be clearly identified and thoroughly addressed within the slides. The ideas may be designated as headings within your slide presentations.
Please use graphic organizers and bullets to display key ideas and concepts.
It is recommended that you include visual images/pictures to support the ideas and concepts in your slides.