Watch the linked videos and read the attached articles.
How highways wrecked American cities
https://www.sightline.org/2017/12/19/when-historic-preservation-clashes-with-housing-affordability/ (Links to an external site.)
http://www.processhistory.org/goldstein-black-power-cities/ (Links to an external site.)
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-08/why-historic-preservation-needs-a-new-approach (Links to an external site.)
https://www.urbandisplacement.org/gentrification-explained (Links to an external site.)
Your initial posting should address all the questions in the prompt in a minimum of 500 words.
To receive full credit your response must include in-text citations to make note of facts and opinions you quote, paraphrase, and borrow ideas from.
To receive full credit, you must include in-text and bibliographic citations for all documents provided through the assignment and for external documents you use to support your argument.
For in-text citations and bibliography use the APA style.
In your post answer the following questions.
1. What are the benefits and pitfalls of both increased development and of historic preservation? (up to 6 pts)
2. In what ways did urban renewal impact American cities (up to 6 pts)
3. How has planning and land development patterns created a racialized geography in cities? (up to 8 pts)
4. Use a case study of a city not mentioned in the articles/videos to support your arguments (up to 6 pts).
5. Use reliable external articles, videos, and data to support your arguments and properly cite your sources in APA format (up to 4 pts).
Use of photos, maps, external links (e.g., news articles), etc. is encouraged.