Watch the linked videos and read the attached articles.
ARTICLE: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-25/europe-s-cities-weren-t-made-for-this-kind-of-heat (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
VIDEO & ARTICLE: https://www.france24.com/en/20190725-paris-heatwave-vegetation-urban-road-trees (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
ARTICLE: https://www.forbes.com/sites/carltonreid/2020/06/29/climate-change-and-cycle-lanes-propel-greens-into-municipal-power-across-france/#51ef55eb333e (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53752690 (Links to an external site.)
https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2019/4/11/18273896/barcelona-spain-politics-superblocks (Links to an external site.)
Your initial posting should address all the questions in the prompt in a minimum of 500 words.
In your post answer the following questions.
1. How does climate change impact urban planning and the form of cities? (up to 6 pts)
2. What steps are being taken in European cities to alleviate urban heat? (up to 6 pts)
3. How can or should planners address this problem at the city level? Why? (up to 8 pts)
4. Use a case study of a city outside of Europe to support your arguments with evidence (up to 6 pts).
5. Use reliable external articles, videos, and data to support your arguments and properly cite your sources in APA format (up to 4 pts).
Use of photos, maps, external links (e.g., news articles), etc. is encouraged.