LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PLAN ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
There is an old saying, “if you fail to plan, you plan to fail”. That is so true for every area of life.
Ministries are not exempt from planning and strategic planning is an avenue for achieving the church mission. Churches can experience a level of success without a plan, but those who invest the time and resources into developing a specific strategy and plan can achieve success at a much quicker pace.
The student will create a 12-page (with a minimum of 10 footnotes/citations) ministry plan that will explain the process for developing Biblical grounded, healthy, growing, multiplying leaders. Your plan must include a title page, 1-page introduction, 10 pages covering the five essential areas below, 1-page conclusion and a bibliography/reference page. The five areas are:
1. The Biblical passages for leader/ leadership (Theology).
2. The Biblical principles related to leader/ leadership (Philosophy).
3. Examination of different leadership styles for individual leaders and leadership at the organizational level. (Methods and Models)
4. How to create a healthy ministry/work environment that equips people and leaders to explore/ successfully accomplish the mission and new initiatives. (Culture)
5. Your plan, written in the first person, of how you are going to develop people and leaders who fulfill and serve the organizational mission where God has planted you. (Missional connection)