Read the article, then summarize the article in less than 200 words and answer the 6 questions below.
In your own words, summarize the authors main point or argument for Daniel Connolly’s article.
Things to consider: what is the main idea set forth in the book chapter? How does the author support their thesis? In the end, do you believe the author has successfully argued (proven) their thesis? How so? What types of evidence does the author use to do this? (e.g., primary sources, secondary sources, works of art, etc.). You need to illustrate that you have done the reading and have engaged with it in a meaningful way. This summary should be about 200 words minimum.
SHORT ANSWERS – Be specific in your answers
1. Who was the intended reader/audience for the Chronica Majora and why?
2. How does Matthew of Paris divide up the journey for the reader/user?
3. How did this book serve as an “imaginary pilgrimage” for the medieval reader/user?
4. How is the Apocalypse (the end of the world) envisioned in the Chronica Majora?
5. How did the Chronica Majora engage with the reader/user using “performative possibilities? Provide two examples.
6. What is something you did not fully understand but would like to learn more about?