The student will:
identify and discuss breaches of legislation and Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers Rights and identify Code of Ethics to guide care pertaining to health care delivery and health consumer, family/whanau care.
Please read the scenario below and follow the instructions for your assessment.
Jenny works as an Enrolled Nurse in an aged care facility. It is a morning shift and the Registered Nurse has delegated Jenny to care for Mrs Williams who has dementia and poor mobility.
Jenny enters Mrs Williams room, says hello but doesnt introduce herself. Jenny immediately proceeds to select clothing and toiletries in preparation for her shower.
While Jenny is showering Mrs Williams, her mobile phone rings. She leaves the shower room to attend to the call and returns a few minutes later. Mrs Williams is clearly distressed. Without acknowledging Mrs Williams distress or fully completing her hygiene cares, Jenny hurries to get Mrs Williams dressed. She takes a selfie of her and Mrs Williams and sends it to her friend Jess before taking Mrs Williams to the dining room for breakfast.
When they get to the dining room, Mrs Williams tells Jenny that she needs to go to the toilet. Jenny states, I dont have time to take you at the moment, but Ill come back soon. Jenny returns an hour later to discover Mrs Williams has become incontinent of urine.
1. Identify three rights from the Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers Rights (1996) that have not been met.
2. Describe how these three rights have not been met.
3. Identify one breach of the Privacy Act (1993) and discuss how Jenny could have avoided this breach.
She couldve avoided taking her phone out and if she needed to she couldve taken out for emergency purposes
4. Identify one ethical principle from the NZNO Code of Ethics (2010) and discuss how this ethical principle would have guided Jenny to meet Mrs. Williams rights.
5. Identify how Jenny has breached Social Media Guidelines.
It is a requirement that you will provide a reference list with all reference material used in your assignment. This is required to be in APA 7th Edition format. Here is an example of a reference:
HDC Code of Health and Disability Consumers Services Regulations (1986). Retrieved from http://www.hdc.org.nz/the-act–code/the-code-of-rights/the-code-(full)