Consider pretending that you work for a company that does business internationally or aspires to do so.
Your boss has just promoted you and made you responsible for your companys overall business operations in a selected foreign country.
It is suggested that your write the memo as if you are addressing your boss from the vantage point of your role as a newly assigned country manager.
Your boss requests a Country Manager Memo from you before you start on your assignment.
MY COMPANY IS COCA-COLA.
HOME COUNTRY USA
HOST COUNTRY IS INDIA.
1. A very brief background on your company. What industry? What product? One paragraph is enough.
2. A very brief background on the host country.
3. A brief description of the issues/challenges that the company faced or might face in that country. Just mentioning these issues is fine.
4. A brief description of the opportunities to enter that country. Just mentioning these opportunities is fine. What are the benefits?
5. Sources consulted or that you are going to consult for the final report.