Read the Closing Case: Is China Dumping Excess Steel Production> on page 219-220 of chapter 7. Then, answer the following questions:
1. Does the evidence suggest to you that China is dumping excess steel production on world markets?
2. Absent of any response from other nations, how long can China pursue this policy?
3. Who is harmed by this action? Who might benefit?
4. What alternative policy might China pursue? What are the costs and benefits of this alternative policy to China?
5. Are the EU and the United States correct to impose significant anti-dumping duties on imports of Chinese steel? What will the benefits of such policy be? Are there any drawbacks?
6. Can you think of any unintended consequences that might occur as the result of the imposition of anti-dumping duties on Chinese steel imports by the United States and the EU?
7. What other steps could be taken in the long run to reduce the probability that producers in China and elsewhere will dump their excess production at a loss on world markets?
You must reference the case, your textbook, and one minimum of 8 more additional source to support your conclusions. Document your citations throughout the text of your report; APA is the accepted format.
Your paper must include an introduction and a clear thesis, multiple body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Top papers demonstrate a solid understanding of the material AND critical thinking.
*should have an intro, body, conclusion, recommendation.