The topic of this paper will be Courtship, Love, & Marriage in Jane Austen’s novel and film, Pride and Prejudice.
This Paper must:
-Be Times New Roman, 12 point font, double spaced, MLA format.
-Engage both literature and film versions of Pride and Prejudice, but the emphasis can vary (i.e. you may be more focused on film or more focused on literature).
– Demonstrate an analytical perspective on novels and films, by developing an original analytical thesis
-Make an original and important contribution to the study of Austen into film
– Fully develop all aspects of the paper, using specific evidence to back up all generalizations
– Refer to specific passages from the novel and clips from the film as evidence.
– Be logically organized. Is each paragraph unified in a focus on one pointand does the topic sentence introduce that point? Is there a thesis statement that previews all key points that the paper makes?
-Work on clear and direct writing. Proofread for errors of grammar/mechanics/spelling. Citations in correct format.
-Also include how Jane Austen’s heroine, Elizabeth Bennet, comes to see herself and her conduct more clearly, and become better, and more moral through courtship love and marriage.
Fulfill all requirements listed above
To be clear:
– This paper is NOT a summary of Pride and Prejudice.
– This paper is an original literature and film analysis of courtship, love, and marriage, in Jane Austen’s novel and film version of Pride and Prejudice.