ASSIGNMENT: Critical Analysis
You will choose one LGBTQ2S+ organization in Canada and write a critical review of it. You must address the mandate of the organization, its founding (if possible), what its objectives are, how it benefits the community, and perhaps some problems that arise from it. This is a 2-page (about 500 words) assignment (typed, double-spaced). Consider the following elements in your analysis:
1. Identify the organizations purpose/mandate
2. When were they founded?
3. Do they still operate under the same mandate they did upon founding?
4. Analyze the structure of the organization; do they have a board of directors?
5. What sort of work do they do in the community (either locally, regionally, or nationally)?
6. Write a summary of the organizationhow might you best sum up their work?
7. Determine the usefulness of the organization:
o To inform with factual material
o To be inclusive of issues affecting LGBTQ2S+ communities
8. Do they accomplish their purpose? Is there evidence of their community efforts creating change? (This might be hard to get at).
Be sure that your Response Paper includes:
a cover page, including a meaningful title, your name, student id, course code, date, etc.
a short introductory paragraph with a focussed thesis statement (a statement that directs the reader to the central argument of your paper)
clearly defined body paragraphs
further examples to explain your ideas
a relevant conclusion, based on your on-going reading/learning in the area of queer activism
careful attention to sentence structure, spelling, grammar, organization, format (standard font, double-spaced).Delete