For Evaluation Critique #1, you will be provided a copy of a program evaluation in a folder on Canvas under Modules and you will choose one to provide a critique of the study.
(I have attached the program that needs to be evaluated to these instructions it’s titled Summer Camp Program Evaluation)
The critique should be a minimum of 6 pages (excluding title page and evaluation plan worksheet), typed, doubled spaced, in a 12 point font, and with one-inch margins. The following questions should be answered throughout the paper
1. What was the purpose of the evaluation and who commissioned the study?
2. What are the questions addressed in the evaluation?
3. Is the evaluation formative or summative? External or Internal?
4. What evaluation approach(es) are used by the evaluators?
5. What conclusions and recommendations do the evaluators make and are they valid/supported based on the design, data collection and results?
6. How useful do you think the evaluation is to administrators and staff?
7. How would you improve the design of the evaluation? Include at least one new/additional evaluation question you would ask.
8. Based on your response to Question #7, complete an evaluation plan similar to the one I will attach to these instructions titled (Evaluation Plan: this should be attached in the paper as well and should be similar to the Evaluation Plan Example I am attaching to the additional materials. This should align with what was stated throughout the critique.
You should spend the most brain power on #5 thru #8 and as much space as possible on #7. I am most interested in your thoughts and criticism. If you find that you have no suggestions for improvement, you may want to pick another evaluation. It doesnt have to be a bad evaluation, just one where you have suggestions for improvement.