Last week’s learning resources talked about the relationship between Women’s Studies and Feminism. This week’s learning resources focus on the changes in our society as a result of feminist activism, and how feminism continues to develop.
FIRST, explain in your own words how Women’s Studies and Feminism are related. How do they differ?
THEN, discuss what you believe are the most important achievements of feminism, and which goals you think feminism should focus on today.
**Refer to at least three learning resources assigned for this week in your response and provide specific examples from the reading, the news, or your own life. Some questions may consider:
* How has feminism changed the way we interact with one another?
* How has feminism changed our understanding of gender roles?
* What are the most positive changes to arise from feminist activism in our society?
* How does everyone, not only women, benefit from these achievements?
* Where has feminism fallen short?
* Have all women been able to enjoy the successes of the women’s movement equally?
* bell hooks presents a number of criticisms of mainstream feminism. Her article was written in the mid-90s. Which of her ideas do you agree with? Has the feminist movement addressed any of her concerns?
* Where do you believe the feminist movement should focus next?
Use APA parenthetical citations in your text and include a reference list at the end of your post. When you refer to and/or discuss any resources, you need to include a citation for that source, such as: (Braincraft, 2015). For more information on APA style, go to: https://sites.umgc.edu/library/libhow/apa_examples.cfm
Feminism. (2008). In W. A. Darity, Jr. (Ed.), International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences
Human Rights Not Founded on Sex
Declaration of Sentiments and Resolutions Seneca Falls (1848)
These Are the Women of Color Who Fought Both Sexism and the Racism of White Feminists
Feminist Politics: Where We Stand
Still needing the F word
Reclaiming the Personal: Personal Narratives of Third-Wave Feminists
Myths and Controversies Surrounding Feminism