Please write two separate paragraphs, one on each topic.
Answer all the questions for each topic.
Topic 1: “Dancing Through the Minefield” by Annette Kolodny
1. What is Annette Kolodny’s thesis? Provide one or two quotes to support your answer.
2. What does Kolodny mean that literary history is fiction? Provide one or two quotes to support your answer.
3. How do men and women read, according to Kolodny? Quote to support your answer.
4. What is Kolodny’s “third position” (her third claim) about? Quote to support your answer.
Topic 2: “Toward a Black Feminist Criticism” by Barabra Smith
1. According to Smith, what is the status of “black literature?”
2. How many black, female authors can you name, and why?
3. According to Smith, why haven’t black, female authors been taken seriously?
4. In your opinion, should feminism be sub-categorized as black feminism?