Each question must have a response of at least 2 paragraphs.
1. After reflecting on this course, share with me the most interesting class topic to you and why. After reflecting on this course, compare and contrast your expectations for this class to what you actually gained. Be sure to use specific examples from course materials to support your thoughts on this.
2. One of your friends is interested in making healthy changes to his/her diet. What are the three most important things you would tell him/her about healthy eating? Please be sure to include the principles related to MyPlate and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans in your answer, as well as specific examples from the course to support your recommendations.
3. Identify and discuss one chronic disease we covered in class. Provide a background on risk factors (modifiable and non-modifiable) associated with this disease. Give at least five recommendations for how diet can lower the risks for this disease and/or manage the condition for those already suffering. Be sure to be specific in your recommendations – using examples from the class to support them.
4. Your friend tells you about this great new product she learned about that is guaranteed to help you lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks. You decided to visit this products website to check it out. Discuss three things you can look for on this site that may indicate whether or not the site is credible? Provide three recommendations for how your friend might research credible sources of information to assist with her weight loss. Be sure to be specific in your recommendations – using examples from the class to support them.
5. Identify and discuss two nutrition problems facing Americans. Give at least two recommendations to lower the risks or health costs associated with these issues. Be sure to be specific in your recommendations – using examples from the class to support them.
NOTE: though some of these questions are asking your “opinion”, you still have to back up your answer with examples from course materials, which is where the source citation requirement comes in. You may put your citation information at the end of each essay. Each essay should have AT LEAST one source from your learning materials this semester cited to support your answers.
Proper Citation of Sources /Works Cited Page using APA or MLA format – please include in text citations AND a works cited list at the end of EACH ESSAY- 2 pts per essay
Title: Nutrition Concepts and Controversies
Subtitle: Digital Edition
Publisher: Cengage Learning
Publication Date: 2017