1) Be sure you review and understand the pages 19-54 in Writing About Movies. You might also refer to the film analysis guide link in Course Content, video links in Course Content, as well as the glossary on pages 197-264 in your book, for extra help with this unit and essay.
Here is a helpful link for the film analysis guide: https://web.archive.org/web/20150906103920/http://classes.yale.edu/film-analysis/htmfiles/intro.htm
2) Choose ONE formal film element that you learned about during your readings to discuss in your Unit One Discussion and to highlight in your essay.
Formal Film Element I used for the discussion which you will use:
Mise-en-scene, which includes things placed into the scene: decor, props, costumes, hair/make-up, lighting, acting, screenplay, etc.
3) Find a 3-4 minute film clip that is steaming live on Netflix that illuminates your film element. Your clip should be no longer or shorter than 3-4 minutes. Remember to write down the title of the film and the window of time the clip occurs in the film.
For this you will use minute 58:00-1:02:00 🙂
4) Type 600 word MINIMUM essay properly formatted; see syllabus that discusses and analyzes your clip in the context of your specific chosen film element. (((((I dont want a summary of the clip; I want analysis of your formal film aspect, as well as how and why it helps illuminate something important about the films content/style/genre, etc)))))
Pay attention to this analysis of the formal film aspect.
5) No 1st or 2nd person. PROOFREAD! Please include the title of your film (always in italics), and the window of time the clip occurs in your film, at the top of your page as its title.