Instructions: Complete the following short essay questions. Documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines. Use the textbook: Belsky, J. (2018). Experiencing the lifespan (5th ed.). New York, NY: Worth Publishers. ISBN-13: 9781319208912, and additional resources to complete the assignment and to support responses. Outside research may be necessary to answer questions adequately.
Responses should be a MINIMUM of 50 words per question.
1. Compare and contrast behavioral, social-cognitive, and cognitive theories of development.
2. Using ethological theory, explain why insecurely attached babies will probably have more relationship problems in life compared to securely attached children.
3. Compare and contrast Piagets first three stages of cognitive development.
4. Use Baumrinds theory to show how parenting styles and discipline intersect.
5. Compare and contrast how preschoolers and school-aged children cope with divorce. Examine the best options for custody.
6. Using physical and cognitive arguments, explain how adolescence and emerging adulthood differ from each other.
7. Explain how Baumrinds theory can be used to stave off some of the problems of adolescence, including teenage pregnancy, juvenile delinquency, and substance abuse.
8. Using the theories of Erik Erikson, James Marcia, and Eli Ginzberg, explain how an adolescent and an emerging adult can be guided toward selecting a suitable career.