The leadership paper should be 4-7 pages, double-spaced, APA format. The paper is based on the following:
You are to select and view ONE of the below movies:
1. Schmidt, A. (Producer), Wallace, R. (Director). (2002). We Were Soldiers [Motion Picture]. United States: Paramount.
2. MacDonald, L. (Producer), Scott, R. (Director). (2000). Gladiator [Motion Picture]. United States: Dreamworks & Universal Pictures.
3. Field, F. (Producer), & Zwick, E. (Director). (1989). Glory [Motion Picture]. United States: Sony Pictures.
Or TV series:
4. The Office, US version (you may use one or more episodes, just make sure to properly cite the reference).
5. MASH (you may use one or more episodes, just make sure to properly cite the reference).
6. House, MD (you may use one or more episodes, just make sure to properly cite the reference). I highly encourage you to use this series, it has numerous excellent examples.
A. After viewing the movie or TV show, select one of the supervisors (leaders).
B. Discuss THREE supervisory techniques that they used, using specific examples from the movie or TV episode. Do not spend too much effort explaining the background or details of the scenario, just get to the point.
C. Make sure to discuss the following topics:
i. Which of the supervisory techniques were effective? Why?
ii. Which supervisory techniques were not effective? Why?
iii. Pick one scene and discuss what you would have done differently as a supervisor and why.
iv. How does a high-stress environment like war or the emergency room affect supervisory techniques, as compared to peacetime (or a less stressful environment)?
v. What supervisory trait do you most relate to and why? You should include a personal account from your life.
vi. Why do supervisors fail if they are using a “textbook” technique? Explain using the scenes from the movie/show or your own personal life to enhance your explanation. You should have a title page, 3-4 pages of body content and the last page should be your paper’s references.
Use at least 3 references for your paper. They should be articles that support your paper.
Your paper should contain no more than 20% direct citations or quotations. That means 80% should be your own analysis, thoughts, and ideas.