*This paper would have to be cited correctly and writing in philosophy style.
*Base off the book Mere Christianity
Your paper should be divided into two parts. In the first part (which should be 2-3 pages), you will provide a summary of the book’s contents. To do this well, you will have to not only present Lewis’ views accurately and clearly but also make editorial decisions about which parts to discuss: you can’t mention everything, so focus on the most important elements. In the second part of your paper (which should be 3-4 pages) you will offer your own critical reflections on the book, appealing to concepts, issues, and arguments we have discussed throughout the semester to inform your discussion. This portion of your paper should be focused in the sense that you should discuss only two or three issues from the book. Limiting your coverage in this way will enable you to discuss the topics you select with a good deal of depth. While you have a great deal of latitude in the way you develop this second section of your paper, the following approaches may be helpful:
1. Find a place in which Lewis and one of the authors we have considered argue for opposite conclusions and adjudicate the debate.
2. Identify an argument that we have seen in the semester and show how a portion of Lewis’ discussion either serves to support or undermine the argument in question.
3. Identify an argument in Mere Christianity and show how one of the readings we have considered either serves to support or undermine the argument in question.
4. Identify a theme that appears in both Mere Christianity and the course and explain how material from both has broadened or provided nuance for your understanding of the issue.
5. Identify a theme that appears in Mere Christianity that can help broaden or provide nuance for one of the issues that we have discussed in the course (and explain how it can do so).
Format: double-spaced, standard 12-point font, upload as a .pdf
Please remember to cite all sources as you make use of them (including Lewis).
I’ve updated the “Citing Sources for Intro to Philosophy” document that I’ve been attaching to the paper assignments to more specifically address how to list Mere Christianity on your Works Cited page. Essentially, everyone will need a Works Cited page (in addition to their in-text citations) with an entry that lists Mere Christianity. And, on that Works Cited entry, you need to let me know all the specific bibliographic information about the version of Mere Christianity you are using.