This is a weekly Reaction paper that I need to write about my thoughts and reactions to different musicals. This week’s musical is “Cabaret”.
1. So first, we need to watch the musical. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOs82ubFyFQ
2. We need to read articles in order to cite at least 1 source in the paper. (I attached the Reading articles below.
3. Write: maximum 2 pages in MLA style (in-text and work cited page).
The text below are some questions/prompts that professor suggests. But he said we can write about any topics that we want. (music, dance, plot, diversity issue,…)
– “Sally Bowles is a woman unlike those in the other musicals we have seen? How is she portrayed? What are her motivations for being the way she is? Do you think she is meant to be a positive role model?
– Compare the ideas about sex conveyed by Sally Bowles, Natalia Landauer, Maximilian von Heune, Cliff Bradshaw (Brian Roberts), and the Emcee (you should probably just choose a few of these to focus on).
– What is Sallys relationship with men (friends, lovers, clients, her boss, her father)?
– How is bisexuality treated in the show? How is this subplot affected by its context in Nazi Germany?
– Talk about Sallys choice to have an abortion. What is its significance considering the timeline of Roe v. Wade (considering the show was created by an American team)? What were the politics surrounding abortion in Europe at this time?
– How does Cabaret depict the problem of being Jewish in Germany during this time?
– In the film, what is the function of the cabaret? What about the mirror?”
I will send you
– my 2 essays, they got a low B.
– my friend’s essay that got an A.
– 5 reading articles to cite.
– and also a script of Cabaret (just in case you need to cite some lines). The file is big that I can’t attach. I put the link here, pls let me know if u can’t open it. https://vcom56.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/script-1.pdf