COVID Case Study
1. Read the following Articles
2. Watch the following videos
3. Answer the Questions in table A- Full sentences- use proper grammar.
4, Complete your clinical journal on the patient scenario listed. Paint his total picture- what would his nursing diagnosis be? What interventions? If you have no COVID experience you might need to do some research of your own. This is a very simplistic intake what is missing both medially and mentally- Paint his story
5. What are the most common signs and symptoms of COVID-19?
6. Who is most at risk?
7. How is COVID-19 transmitted?
8. What does the CDC is the best way to prevent illness?
On February 27, 2020, L.G., a 50-year old male, presents to the emergency department (ED) with a cough and sore throat. He states that he has had the cough for several days and the sore throat started yesterday. During the triage process, the patients vital signs are: BP 124/65, HR 97, RR 22, T 100.1, Sp02 95%. He states he has no past medical history, no known allergies, no sick contacts, and no recent travel.
9. Early on in the COIVD-19 pandemic, testing kits were extremely limited. Based on the following recommendations from CDC, does this patient qualify to be tested for COVID-19? Why or why not?
10. What is the mental health effects of COVID 19- on the public?
11. What is the COVID, mental health effect, on ALL health care workers?