Please review the John Hopkins Nursing Research Evidence Appraisal (JHNREA) Tool attachment. To help you navigate the tool, I have shaded areas to not use and prevent you from answering sections that do not apply. You are asked to appraise a quantitative research article of a single quantitative study for your EBP Project. That is why that section (single study) is not shaded. Do not select a systematic review, meta-analysis, any type of review article, quality improvement study or a non research article (does not have IMRAD format) for your appraisal. Hint: if you are struggling to answer the questions using the single quantitative research study appraisal, chances are you have selected an incorrect article. Please feel free to email it to me for approval before you appraise the article.
Please answer all the non-shaded questions related to the quantitative appraisal part of the form and submit as word document via the above submission link. You will also need to submit the PDF (not a link) of your study article (so I can read and analyze it too).
John Hopkins Nursing Research Evidence Appraisal Tool for Quantitative Study-1.docxPreview the document for a quantitative single study complete and submit this form only with your article
Complete the Quantitative Appraisal Assignment (Due by Wednesday by 11:59 pm)
*** Complete page one of the JHNREA tool and all non-shaded sections of the form.
Prior to submission please perform a self audit
1. Is this a research article? Refer back to week one. Does it have the IMRAD format?
2. Is this a single study quantitative research article related to my EBP research question and not a quality improvement study (level V)? Refer back to the method comparison assignment.
3. Did I submit a completed appraisal form as a word document? Are ALL non-shaded sections completed?
4. Did I identify the evidence level using the John Hopkin’s evidence level guide? Hint: if this study did not conduct an experiment it is not a level I or II but a level III as long as it is quantitative in design and not a literature review/meta analysis or a QI project. For example a study that is looking for association is usually correlational in design and does not conduct an intervention or experiment so it is a level III.
5. Did I identify the quality appraisal rating for example A High ?
6. Did I complete the section about EBP findings related to my EBP research question?
7. Did I submit the research article as a PDF I appraised, so the professor can grade this assignment? The assignment will not be graded until this action has been taken.