Based on the paper that i will be attaching, Answer the following questions:
And please be aware that question 7 will have the longest answer. Thank you
1. What is the US Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) and what is its role?
2. How can overstatements or overbooking of reserves occur? What are the causes of overstatements?
3. Describe the general enforcement process, including steps that the SEC follows for investigations.
4. What are the potential triggers that can initiate reserve inquiries?
5. What are the two main kinds of write downs? Define them.
6. What are some impacts of reserves write-downs or overstatements?
7. Present an analysis of any one of the case studies provided. Do not exceed 500 words. Note that we are not judge nor jury. The exercise is to raise awareness.