In a 14 – 16 slide PowerPoint presentation, address the following elements. Include a minimum of 4 scholarly sources, current within 5 years, to support your work. See rubric for specific, required content criteria within each section of the presentation:
1. Provide an introduction to the presentation.
2. Identify one inefficiency and/or failure in a selected clinical setting which can result in quality or safety concerns. You may choose an issue related to your MSN project, or a separate issue. Explain the issue and how it influences quality and safety in the selected clinical setting. Discuss implications of this issue at the point of care and at the organizational level.
3. Identify one healthcare regulatory guideline, accreditation expectation, or evidence-based standard of practice which provides direction regarding this issue in the selected clinical setting. Explain the expectations described within the regulatory, accreditation, or evidence-based practice guideline or standard of care. Identify and describe three variables in the selected clinical setting which can influence compliance with the stated guideline or standard of care.
4. Select one quality improvement model and describe how it can be applied to address this issue. Provide an overview of the model, and explain how it can be used to comply with the regulatory, accreditation, or evidence-based practice guideline in the selected clinical setting to promote quality and safety.
5. Discuss three specific nurse leader competencies which promote a culture of quality and safety. Explain how each competency can be used to mitigate risk and promote quality and safety regarding the issue described.
6. Provide a conclusion to the presentation.