1. Identify an existing policy from your Policy and Procedure manual in your workplace then search the literature for credible and reliable (Cochrane, AHQA, CINAHL or PubMed) information to support and/or refute the policy.
– Give an introduction indicating the policy and procedure that you will be writing about and why you chose that particular one (information on how it is executed in the workplace) 2-3 paragraphs.
– Discuss the information that you have gathered from the literature to support and/or refute this policy and procedure (while we expect information from the literature, we want to hear your voice echoing in this paper). Please use first or third person to write this paper). Please also use examples to support your claims. 4-6 paragraphs.
– Discuss revisions that you, as the nurse, would suggest should be made to this policy and procedure and include why you think these revisions should be made or why you think that no revisions need to be made, based on the evidence in the literature. 2-3 paragraphs.
2. Please adhere to the APA guidelines:
– Please have at least seven (7) citations/references. Further, at least five (5) of the citations/ references must be research based. Please note that any online articles used must be from .gov, .edu or .org only (no Wikipedia). Please include the relevant chapter(s) of your textbook. You should also have a reference page and your references should be listed in the hanger indent format. Please be reminded that you cannot have references that are not matching with citations in your paper.
– You should have a Title page with running head that starts as page 1, this page must also have the title of the paper, your name and Florida Gateway College (nothing elsesee page 51 in your APA manual 7th edition for an example)
– Your paper should be clearly written with subheading (based on APAplease refer to your APA manual for levels of heading).
– You should have an introduction, body (several paragraphs), and a conclusion.
– Your paper should be 12 font, double spaced and no less than eight (8) and more than twelve (12) paragraphs. Has the title page and the reference page.