The analysis helps you determine what to say before you attempt to communicate with an audience. That’s your task : pick your presentation topic for Assignment 3 and Assignment 5, analyze your A5 presentation audience and situation in order to figure out what you have to say to this audience in order to fulfill your purpose. You will not be writing to the audience in this Assignment 1 but rather to me, your instructor. You will not be writing to the audience in A3, the research memo, but rather to me, your instructor. You will present A5 as if to the real audience later in the semester.
Describe the results of your A1 Analysis to me in a memo, uploaded to Moodle as a PDF or written in the text editor available where you submit the assignment.
Write in full sentences or point form as instructed.
1. In point form, list at least three features of the context/situation.
2. In full sentences, in your own words, state and analyze four important characteristics of this audience as those characteristics relate to your purpose in writing. Look back at the textbook and the previous CMAPP analysis.
3. In point form, name and explain three important barriers to communication in this situation.
4. State the main message for your communication.
5. In point form, state the purpose.
6. In full sentences, state why the presentation (product) will be the best channel to deliver your message. (The students will watch the presentation but they are not the real audience).