The second paper with two different organizations.
Through a sociological lens compare and contrast the Social Security Debate of these two organizations:
Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
Citizens for a Sound Economy
4 to 5 pages, not including title and work cited, double space, APA format
1) Explain which organizations you have chosen and identify their homepage URLs.
2) Using Domhoff’s terminology noted above, explain how you would characterize the political viewpoint of each of these organizations and why, including an analysis of the vocabulary and ideas at their websites. Be on the lookout for code words that provide hints of their ideological assumptions and agenda. Provide support for your assertions by citing Domhoff.
3) Likewise using Domhoff’s terminology, explain what type of organization each is, and what process or processes it is mainly involved in. Explain how each relates to the model of class, power, and politics that Domhoff lays out in his book.
4) Contrast the different views about social security expressed at the two organizations’ websites. How do they agree or differ on whether social security faces a crisis, whether social security is the best way to provide for retirement security, and what needs to be done?
5) Provide a critical evaluation of these sites. Are the facts properly stated and documented? Are the interpretations convincingly supported by facts and other evidence? Are the policy proposals convincing to you? Bring in material from Domhoff’s book or website Who Rules America where relevant and cut and paste passages from the websites where relevant, remembering to properly cite the relevant URLs.
6) A reference list at the end of websites and resources used, in APA format.
Respond in essay format to each of the questions above, it can be done separately by organization.
Social Class, Corporate Communities, Interlocking Directories, Candidate Selection Process, Environmental Racism