1. First mentally draw a 5 – 10-mile circle around you and think deeply about the people who are your neighbors and the community of which you are a part.
1. Who are they?
2. What are their common experiences?
3. What is stressful and why about these common experiences?
2. Click on the link below to read the journal article on spiritual needs Spirituality and stress relief: Make the connection (Links to an external site.) https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/stress-relief/art-20044464?pg=1 (Links to an external site.)
3. Then watch and listen to the Ted Talk video called “Connected but alone?” with Sherry Turkl (https://www.ted.com/talks/sherry_turkle_connected_but_alone)e – with your community in mind.
4. Now, with your particular community still in mind, can you identify any stressors related to technology, disconnection, and spirituality in your community? Describe how the information presented in the article and interview can AND cannot be applied to your community, and why.
1. How might you apply what you have learned about stress in this module to serve as a health resource for people in your community?
2. If you could choose a worksheet from the workbook which would help raise awareness about the stress you’ve identified in your community, what worksheet would that be and why? (title, page, purpose) Why this one? Why or how would it help?
3. Finally, is there a worksheet that would be offensive if it were presented to a person in your community. Why?
See attachment for worksheets