Snapshots Videos: ED
Video Response Form
Instructions for Activities A-C: Answer all of the questions below. Make sure to use the texts and class materials to support your answers. Include intext citation and a single reference page in APA style (0.75 points) for all vignettes.
A. Eric (0.75 points)
1. Name the biological and environmental causes proposed in Erics case.
2. What internalizing/externalizing behaviors did he exhibit?
B. Nick (0.75 points)
1. Do you think he has an internal or external locus of control? Justify your answer.
2. Name an educational approach youd like to try with Nick and explain why it would be useful.
C. Amy (0.75 points)
1. What instructional (classroom) management techniques did Mr. Penrod use?
2. Give 3 reasons why Amy doesnt fit the typical profile and characteristics of a student with ED as presented in this class.
D. Writing Annual Goals: Give it a Try! (1 point)
1. Every IEP includes several annual goals chosen and shaped by the IEP team. Review the IEP Process PowerPoint lecture notes. Also review Figure 2.1 on page 39 of the Heward et al. text.
2. Based on this information given in the Snapshots video, write one measurable annual goal for one individual in the video, making sure that it meets the criteria reviewed above in #1 AND meets the legal requirement specified in IDEA:
(II) a statement of measurable annual goals, including academic and functional goals, designed to–
(aa) meet the child’s needs that result from the child’s disability to enable the child to be involved in and make progress in the general education curriculum; and
(bb) meet each of the child’s other educational needs that result from the child’s disability (IDEA 2004).