Maximum number of points = 10
– If nothing is turned in by the deadline or the analysis is conducted on a country other than the one selected in the beginning of the semester = 0 points
– If the write-up is turned in by the deadline and the analysis is conducted on the country selected in the beginning of the semester, the 10 points are distributed as follows:
– 1.2 points for respecting technical specifications (writing in essay format rather than bullet points; meeting the requirement of 3 pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12, 1.25 margins; the length of 3 pages is a specific requirement; maximum of 3.5 pages accepted, beyond that there would be a penalty);
– 2 points for describing the cultural environment of the country using Halls framework (out of which 1 point for correctly identifying if the country is high or low context; and 1 point for explaining which characteristics make the country high or low context)
– 2.8 points for describing the cultural environment of the country using Trompenaars framework (out of which 0.2 points for correctly identifying the value* the country takes on for each one of the 7 dimensions; and 0.2 points for explaining the choice of value on each one of the 7 dimensions)
– 1 point for identifying challenges for American investors posed by the cultural environment
– 1 point for identifying opportunities for American investors posed by the cultural environment
– 2 points for formulating 2 recommendations (1 point for each recommendation) to an American investor to successfully navigate the countrys cultural environment (the recommendations have to be actionable items and they must take into account identified differences between American culture and the culture of the country, using either Halls or Trompenaars framework for the comparison between the two cultures; to get the full points, each recommendation has to be supported with arguments).
* value = is the country universalist or particularist?/is the country neutral or affective?/etc.
CITE THE SOURCES