My dear friends, happy Monday 🙂
This week we have one discussion board, consisting of two parts like just like the last week.
In Part 1, we have two questions to consider for analyzing the readings for Week 5.
In Part 2, we are focusing on writing and researching skills and aiming to formulate and get peer feedback on our Level-3 questions that we will be using for Assignment #2.
For Part 1, please answer both questions (~300 words per answer).
Drawing and citing specifically from this weeks readings:
1. Plato presents Socrates as a martyr to truth. Do you agree? Please draw from two different dialogues in the Trial and Death of Socrates in your answer. How do you see Socrates?
2. Please select and contrast two passages, one from an Epicurean and one from a Stoic author. Which, in your opinion, offers greater insight and wisdom?”
Please share the Level-3 question you are planning on using in Assignment #2 in a sentence. Then, please comment and give feedback on another Level-3 question posted by someone else. In your feedback, please consider the following points:
1. Is it a Level-3 question? Is it a good one and why?
2. Is it specific enough? Can it be narrowed down any further?
3. Does it include at least two specific pre-modern traditions covered in MMW 121R (one from Week 1 and another one from any part of the course) per Assignment #2 requirements?
4. Is it about using these specific pre-modern traditions to resolve/address a contemporary issue per the writing project requirements?
Please let me know if you have any questions.